VIU Residence is pleased to offer all first-year students a first-year residence guarantee. Every student coming to VIU who will graduate from high school of application can now live on campus and benefit from the exceptional academic and social support offered through our residence life program.
It’s best to apply for residence when you apply for VIU, but you must have applied for residence by the residence application deadline - May 1st of the application year. If you wait until you are admitted to VIU to apply for residence, you may not get a space.
VIU guarantees a space in the residence for the full academic year (September through April) to students who meet the following criteria:
- Not attended a Canadian post-secondary institution (college or university) prior to attending VIU.
- Been admitted to VIU.
- Accepted the offer of admittance to the University by May 1 of the application year
- Applied to VIU Residence for accommodation from September to April of the application year
- Paid a $100.00 non-refundable application fee to VIU Residence.
- Completed Residence Application and paid application fee on or before May 1 of the application year.
- Met all form submission and payment deadlines. If form submissions deadlines or payment deadlines are not met, offer of residence will be revoked and room deposit will be forfeited.
- Please note, cancelled applicants will be required to reapply, be placed on a waitlist and if offered a space will be subject to fee payment.